Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Favorites!

Favorite Meal: Brown Sugar Chicken
So... probably not the healthiest meal (*cough*a whole cup of brown sugar *cough*) I've ever made but this one was definitely a hit. This is actually the second time I've made this and I couldn't wait to make it again. I've found a lot of recipes on this gal's blog - she used her crockpot every day for an entire year (!!!!!!) and documented it all. The flavor of the sauce of this is really good. I served it with brown rice. It would be really good with some roasted broccolli on the side too but I didn't have any on hand.

Favorite Momma moment:
This is a picture from my dear friend Kristy's surprise birthday party on Sunday. I thought this was just hilarious. If Lainey is anything like her momma (and her Grandpa Wilson), she will definitely have a sweet tooth.

Favorite Verse:
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner. Rather, join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God. He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace.
[2 timothy 1:7-9]

No comments:

Post a Comment