Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas {2012}

We had a great, great Christmas this year.  We stayed here in Des Moines for the first time and made some wonderful memories with some extended family and as a little family of 4.  I think I'll let the pictures do the talking.

There was a very small pile of presents under the tree... until Grandma and Grandpa showed up!


One of Lainey's gifts from Grandma and Grandpa Johnson was this fun sled!  We've yet to try it outside but it's a big hit in the living room!

My big girl on Christmas Eve.  I cannot believe she stood still long enough AND smiled for me to take her picture!


Wyatt... unimpressed with the present thing.

That tissue paper was pretty exciting to Lainey!


All I wanted for Christmas was a decent picture of my family.  This one is totally imperfect and perfect at the same time.  I LOVE it. 


Christmas morning!


Auntie Em picked out this sweet shirt for Wy Guy!

Lainey got some new animals for her zoo!

AND a big girl water bottle!  Now maybe she won't steal Mom's!


We got the kids a few new books for Christmas.  This one, Christmas in the Manger, is PRECIOUS.  A wonderful and simple book about the birth of our Savior!  I'd highly recommend it!  Isn't the page below so adorable?

Big hugs for Dad!  

Wyatt and the aftermath!
 With having my hands a little more full these days, I didn't get any more pictures Christmas Day (besides phone pics) when we traveled to Knoxville for Christmas lunch and family time but it was wonderful.  We definitely missed seeing family in Minnesota and all of the traditions there, like Uncle Todd's omelettes, but it was nice to sleep in our own beds and attend church here, etc.  Thankful for a great Christmas season with our little family and most especially for the true meaning of Christmas - Happy Birthday Jesus!


No comments:

Post a Comment