Wednesday, June 20, 2012

2 Years!

This week, Jed and I celebrated our 2 year wedding anniversary!  It was fun to reflect and think back about June 18th, 2010 ... 
I had a great night's sleep alone in a big bed, spent the morning with tons of my favorite ladies at Smokey Row, there was a wild and crazy water tornado outside that prevented us from getting to the church on time to get ready, I wore fake eyelashes for the first and last time (which looked great but were a P-A-I-N to deal with and get off), I got to wear the most beautiful white dress, enjoyed sweet fellowship with great friends, and said "I do!" to my HANDSOME groom! (We won't highlight the blunders of the day ... Jed losing his keys at the reception, the sound system fiasco, plus a few more...!)  There are a few things I would change about that day but definitely not the man I married.


The most obvious blessing of our 2nd year of marriage was the birth of Lainey.  Having a baby and becoming a family of 3 rather than a couple has changed our lives and our marriage in lots and lots and LOTS of (really good) ways.  We got to celebrate by going out to dinner, just the 2 of us but our little missy miss was very excited to see us when we returned home.  

This is the only picture we got from our anniversary but I think it's pretty sweet.

1 comment:

  1. Water tornado????? In Des Moines??? I think I need to hear the whole story!

    ReplyDelete