Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday Favorites

Favorite New Recipe: Minestrone from Iowa Girl Eats
I made this for the second time this week and once again, it did not disappoint! This is a great, easy "dump" recipe - dump some things in a pot, let it simmer and it's practically done. The first time I made it, I used 1/2 lb ground hamburger instead of the spicy italian sausage and it was still great. This time, I didn't use any meat and it was still great. Lots of savory veggies too so it's pretty healthy and filling! We ate it with some homemade bread courtesy of our new breadmaker thanks to Ma and Pa Johnson!

Favorite Momma Moment:
After a busy weekend, Lainey and I had a pretty low key week so she could get back on the nap track. Lainey has never been very predictable in terms of her napping in the past (no matter how consistent I was in her routines), but this week I felt like she was a pro at napping. I'm sure next week another tooth or something will throw a wrench into our schedule, but I will just revel in our accomplishments this week for now! Also, one of my favorite things to do each evening is go and check on our sleeping babe before I go to bed. Lately, she has been flipping her cute self over and sleeping on her belly with one hand up above her head and the other tucked under her cheek or chin, which is just like how her momma loves to sleep! It's so precious, but it's always too dark to take a picture so you'll have to take my word for it!

Favorite Verse:
This verse if from our scripture memorization group from a few weeks ago and it has really stuck with me...
For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
(Colossians 1:16-17)

No comments:

Post a Comment