Thursday, January 31, 2013

Crazy Eyes Wy

Wyatt earned this nickname early on from his Dad.  He has some intense and serious eyes sometimes, especially when he was a newborn.  These days, his eyes are focused ... usually on one thing and one thing only...


His big sister!

See?

And again.


Wyatt is just starting to really watch and focus on things and the thing he likes to watch the most is Lainey.  It's no surprise, she's pretty busy so there's lots to watch.  I'm sure her tricks will be rubbing off on him before we know it.

Those handsome eyes!  I think he will be my blue eyed boy.  Lainey's eyes are a dark hazely brownish color.

She will have to teach him how to dance.  Her moves are awesome.  No matter what she's doing, when she hears music, she dances.  This is one of her classic moves - bouncing while twisting side to side.
She will have to teach him how to hold his head up because he's not so good at it so far!  He really hated the bumbo the first time we tried it this week.
See Wy?  Like this!

Ahhh!  Much better!  This only lasted a few moments before the tears came back.  He must have really hated it and been struggling because the kid really never cries.  When Dad got home later that night, he was loving it though!  He was saving his skills to show off to his Dad!
Also, not a huge fan of tummy time.  He doesn't usually cry, he just struggles.  Do you see the size of his head?  No wonder he can't hold it up!  That is a 95th percentile head circumference people!  I guess he's going to be extra smart.
Had to get a picture of this girl's hair.  I love her curls.  It's so funny to think about how just a few months ago, she barely had any hair.  It's growing fast.  She is pretty good about sitting still and letting me put it up in a pony or pigtails, which is a must because otherwise it's out of control.

We had another little snow storm yesterday.  I wasn't about to bundle her up and take her outside myself so we brought some snow inside.  She had a lot more fun with it this time.

Look who's watching her? :)


Wyatt has the sweetest smiles.  I think he saves the best ones for me.  He is my sweet baby boy!

Nodding off... like usual.


Want to know how I got her to smile so nice?  I asked her to say "Penelope," to which she gleefully replied, "P!!!!!!!!!"  P is her best friend and Lainey talks about her constantly.  She can also say P's parent's names, and we hear about them all of the time too.  It's adorable.  The funny thing is, when she and P are together, they don't even pay that much attention to each other.  Not yet anyway.   They're best friends - don't really have a choice at this point!

I caught these two pictures just a few days apart, but this is actually a daily occurance in our house...

I texted this one to my sister and jokingly said that maybe Wyatt has narcolepsy!  Either that or I'm just not attentive enough or quick enough to get him in his bed to nap, but seriously!  Lots of babies at his age fight sleep and get fussy (Lainey sure did), but not Wyatt.  This kid is awesome.  He is healthy and a great sleeper (obviously) and a great eater.  We are so blessed.  He must just get so exhausted from watching all of his big sister's antics I guess.  

We are loving watching these two interact and I know their relationship will continue to grow.  Honestly, I was pretty nervous to have 2 kids (well) under 2 (they are 15 months apart), but God has given me grace and helped me to view certain things that are sometimes challenging in a different light.  Children are such a blessing!




No comments:

Post a Comment