Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January Days


[If you follow me on instagram, you've already seen most of these pictures.  I just don't get my camera out as much as I'd like to.  That requires 2 free hands and I usually only have 1... or not even that!]

Lainey will be the first to remind me that it's so "brrrr" outside every time we leave the house and I definitely agree.  January is a long, cold, dark month!  Here's how we're spending some of our January days so far....
 ...cheering!  Lainey is excited and we were all praising God that even though Jed and I got hit with some kind of seriously yucky stomach virus a day apart starting New Years Day, neither of the kids got sick.  It was a rough few days, but we all survived and my house got extra clean and disinfected as a bonus!
 ...eating cereal!  Lainey is a little cereal monster and insists on eating it with a big spoon.  At least 2 bowls at a time!  Cheerios and Kix are her favorite.
 ...snuggling in Mom's lap.  I love these little cuddlebugs!  Also, somehow I often subconsiously coordinate our outfits, whether it be color schemes, patterns (like the stripes above), etc.  I don't know how it happens, but it does.
 ...getting attacked by the sticker monster!  Lainey is really in to stickers right now and she got a handful of them from Wyatt's dr appointment last week.  She shared them with Wyatt to congratulate him on a great first well baby appointment. 2 months: 14 lbs 4 oz (86th percentile) and 23.3 inches long (57th percentile).  Healthy boy, just as I suspected.
 ....reading, reading and more reading.  We rearranged our living area and got Lainey this cute little bookshelf.  Currently we're reading Barnyard DanceThe Going To Bed Book and Spot Goes to the Park on serious repeat.  I for sure have them memorized.
 ...exploring new things.  I found this idea on Pinterest, along with about a trillion others I'd like to try some day, and I happened to come across a package of pipe cleaners for 87 cents at Hobby Lobby.  Voila!  She looooooooved it and has brought it out several times since then too.  She has some really awesome fine motor skills and picked up the idea right away.
 ...hugging.  I can get a hug just about anytime I ask for one.  And sometimes when I don't even have to ask :)
 ...GIGGLING!  This little guy gave us his first laugh this week.  It. Is. PRECIOUS.  Wyatt smiles with his whole entire face and I LOVE IT.  He is such a joy.
Wyatt is the first thing/person Lainey asks for or about in the morning when she gets up.  A lot of times he's still sleeping so we go peek at him quick but this particular morning he was already awake and she insisted on him getting into bed with her.  I cannot look at this picture without smiling.  I can't believe those two are mine!

So... Lainey is HILARIOUS lately....
Example A:  Learning to say SO many new words and people's names.  
Example B: Spinning.  The look in her eyes .... oh. my. word.
Example C: Dancing.  Girl has got some moves!

All of these fun times and January is only half over!  I love spending my days with these blessings.  We eagerly look forward to 5 o'clock-ish every day when Jed gets home to show him our new tricks, words and skills.  There really is something new almost every day!  Thankful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment