Thursday, June 30, 2011

Getting Ready!

This week I am 35 weeks and we are getting VERY close to meeting beanie baby Johnson! Here is what I am looking like these days...!
All of the things I read say that the baby should be running out of room and I might not be feeling as much movement here toward the end -- this is NOT the case! The babe seems to be often favoring my right side and kicking HARD in a very particular spot on the left. Of course, I still have a few weeks left for him or her to run out of room I guess. At my doctor's appointment this week, I was measuring right on track and he said again that he couldn't find anything wrong with me. He told me that if I were to go into labor at this point, they wouldn't stop me and that his wife delivered their first baby 3 weeks early so that I should be getting ready! I know it's rather unlikely that I'll deliver much before 40 weeks, but that comment really hit home and I realized just how much I still wanted and NEEDED to get done in the babe's room! I think I have most of the needs done - diaper/wipe inventory, crib ready, newborn clothes clean and put away, started to pack diaper and hospital bag, swing put together, etc. There are still some "wants" that I'd like to get done, like some decoration type things, but if those don't get done in time, life will go on! Since the room isn't REALLY finished, I'll just give you a little sneak peak around to see my progress this week ...
I really love that little rocking horse - I found it at a garage sale earlier this summer. And all of those books! I can't wait to read them with the babe!
I didn't really have a theme in terms of the decor/bedding ... I wanted it to be baby/kid friendly, without being too baby-ish if that makes sense. Mostly it's just a hodge podge but I think it's coming together. And obviously since we don't know the gender, it needed to work for either a boy or a girl, plus it will have to be a shared room with beanie baby's future sibling some day!
I loved, loved, LOVED washing and hanging/folding all of those sweet little clothes! WAY better than doing mine or Jed's laundry! Everything is so sweet and tiny!
Simon and I put together the swing this afternoon since the heat index was 111 and I figured staying inside was probably a good idea. Simon mostly chewed on cardboard instead of helped, but I am very impressed that I did this all by myself. Jed has been working really hard at his new job and some yard projects, I wanted to see if I could do it on my own without having to ask him. It's standing up straight and the swing works so I think I was successful!
Speaking of that puppy dog ... since I've been spending more time in the baby's room, so has he! Every time I go in there, I find he has left another toy in there. I think he knows something is up!
We are heading to Minnesota for the holiday weekend and I am so excited! This is our last trip just the 2 of us (well, 3 plus Simon) and then I think it will be awhile before I'll be ready to travel with the baby. I think we will have plenty of visitors instead of having to travel ourselves! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment