Today, June 18th, marks our first anniversary of being husband and wife! It is hard to believe a whole year has passed - sometimes it feels like it was just yesterday and other times it feels like we've been married for much longer -- I mean both of those things in the best way possible! Jed is a truly wonderful husband and challenges me in so many ways. I'm thankful to be married to a man who is devoted to loving Christ and loving others so sacrificially. Some highlights of our first year as Mr. and Mrs. Johnson...
1. Actually getting married!
2. Honeymooning in Lake Tahoe, California - I'd really like to take another honeymoon. Like once a month or so would be great.
3. Visit to MN for Emily's baby shower
4. We're an aunt and uncle, round 1! Meet Jaylen!
5. Round 2! Meet Claire!
6. Longest road trip EVER to Niceville, Florida. (Totally worth it)
7. First Thanksgiving - stranded in Des Moines! This was the weekend we found out we were expecting!
8. First Christmas!
9. Share the baby news!
10. Pa Johnson comes to help with the bathroom remodel! Sarah decides she will leave town next time there's a project. :)
11. Simon joins our family.
Of course, there were many other note worthy events and these are just a few to share. I'm so humbled to look back on the past year and think about how blessed we are - God is so faithful and kind to us. I can't wait to see where we are in another year, 5 years, 10 years, etc!