Friday, October 24, 2014

Fall Fun


We've been living it up this fall season... it really is my favorite.  I love summer but I ADORE fall.  I love the cool mornings, the colors of the leaves, making chili, and all of the rest of it.  Even though I know what's around the corner...  So we get out and enjoy it as much as we can.  Or as much as my pregnant body will tolerate.  This pregnancy was treating me pretty well until a few weeks ago.  Lots of pelvic pain and soreness, more than the typical aches and pains of the third trimester.  I endured it for a few weeks and finally made time to go see my chiropractor.  Love that lady.  Not being in constant pain is pretty great but I'm trying to not push it so much so that my adjustments last longer and I can get out more and ENJOY my family!



We drove down the road to Easter Lake the other day for a little nature walk.  Kids loved it, it was a beautiful day and we collected some acorns and rocks (of course).

This is Wyatt right now.  Always holding me hand and leading me where he wants to go.  Until I say no or try and go a different way... then it's loosey goosey, Betty spaghetti, fall on the ground, etc.  That's a fun game buddy.  Not.

Lainey was getting over a cold on this day, which you can see in her eyes, but also needed to note her fantastic hiking outfit.  Right down to the fancy clicky shoes.


We also went to a teeny tiny little pumpkin patch in Ankeny with some friends a few weeks ago.  This place leaves much to be desired, but it's free and it's pretty close so we'll take it.




A few homeschool moms from our church have graciously volunteered to organize some field trips for all ages of kiddos.  The first one was to Jester Park for an insect hunt.  Thankfully, Jed took the morning and joined us, which really made the experience easier for me but WAY more fun for my kids.  Everything is better when Daddy is with us!



See?  He's the fun one.  This was right up his alley.  He was grabbing the bugs, showing the kids, getting burrs all over himself, etc.


Sister had some serious patterns going on that day.

Letting the bugs go back into the forest!  Lainey really wanted to take them home.

Wyatt was asleep before we hit the highway.

I'm sure there's more fall fun to be had in the next few weeks, we still have a bigger pumpkin patch trip planned and Halloween fun coming up too!

No comments:

Post a Comment