Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sleepy girl

Today was a funny day around here.  I had a doctor appointment this morning (more on that below) so I asked my friend Carla if she wouldn't mind having Lainey over to play with her kiddos for a little while so I could go to my appointment alone.  Lainey woke up a little early this morning so I was a bit concerned that she'd be a little cranky when I dropped her off, since it would have been about the time I'd be putting her down for her morning nap.  Thankfully, Lainey barely noticed when I left and had the time of her life playing with Kaisa and JJ.  She seriously could have cared less when I came back quite a while later too!  I don't leave Lainey very often so I was very thankful she had so much fun with her little friends.  By the time we got home it was mid morning and I decided not to try and put her down for a nap, but rather keep her busy until her normal afternoon nap time.  During lunch, she was really zoning out while eating her turkey wrap, grapes and crackers... and then this happened...




HOW CUTE IS THAT?!?  Seriously one of the cutest things ever.  I had secretly been hoping that this would happen one day because I think it's so funny when kids fall asleep in their high chair.  Poor thing.  She still ate every bite on her plate even while falling asleep in between.

Lainey took an okay nap, definitely not long enough to make up for both though, so we had a bit of a long afternoon.  We always look forward to 5pm and especially did today!  Jed has been taking Lainey for a ride in her new push car (THANK YOU GRANDMA AND GRANDPA!!!) every day when he gets home while I finish getting dinner ready and pick up the house.  A little while later,  I peeked out the window to see this coming down the sidewalk...

HA!  Jed said she fell asleep around the block the next street over.  SO FUNNY!  I'm thankful she is an easy go-to-sleep-er and that she doesn't fight it and meltdown instead.  Needless to say, Lainey went to bed a little early tonight! :)

Lainey sure keeps me busy but it's getting hard to forget that there's another little one on the way as the weeks pass and my belly grows and grows...  I am 28 weeks now!  Welcome 3rd trimester! Wahoo!  I can't believe I'm that far along already.  Heartbeat was good and strong and I'm measuring right on track.  For awhile I was feeling like maybe little mister was a tad bit of a lazy baby ... he wasn't moving nearly as much as his big sister did but that has definitely changed in the past few weeks - what a wiggle worm!  I can tell he's growing and testing out all of his limbs.   We're also busy narrowing down names... I am finding boy names much harder than girl names!  We're getting so excited to welcome him into our family.  November still seems so far away to me but as the weather is changing and gets cooler and cooler (LOVE IT), I know August is almost over and fall is right around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment