Thursday, May 17, 2012

Blessed weekend!

[I meant to post this much earlier in the week but alas, time has gotten away from me!]

This weekend was full and blessed!  We enjoyed wonderful weather and time with family.  My parents came down to visit and we had a great time.  Lainey stayed with them on Saturday morning for a couple hours while I went to a baby shower and Jed went to study for a test he was preparing for for work.  She loved playing with Grandma and Grandpa and even fell asleep on a walk in the stroller!  We ran some errands at the mall and ended the day in Knoxville and went out for dinner and back to my Grandma's for dessert!


Sunday was a big day.  Not only was it my first Mother's Day but it we also were able to to dedicate Lainey to the Lord at church, which was a really special way to celebrate the day.   We, along with several other families, recognized our need to depend on God for wisdom and strength as parents and committed to training our children to love God and love others according to the instruction of the Lord. Here is a picture of everyone on stage...  My dad thought he counted 26 children that were dedicated!  How incredible!
After church, we headed to our house for brunch!  It was extra special to celebrate Mother's Day with not just Lainey and Jed, but also my mom, dad and my Grandma Charlotte!
 After stuffing ourselves silly on egg bake, muffins, cinnamon rolls and fruit, we headed outside!  It was such a beautiful day!










During the afternoon, Lainey took a nap in her crib and then when I picked her up, she fell asleep again in my arms and we snuggled for nearly 2 hours.  Despite the fact that I couldn't move a muscle, it was a sweet afternoon!
The day ended perfectly with a Little Caesar's sausage pizza!  What a great Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment