Sunday, May 27, 2012

30!

Today is Jed's 30th birthday!  We have been celebrating for the past several days.  After all... 30 is a BIG deal!  (At least that's what I keep telling him!)  Look at these precious photos of little Jed...
(Always the dog lover)

Thursday I planned a surprise birthday party for him at Monterrey.  I don't know how, but he was on to me and I am a TERRIBLE liar but I tried really hard to cover my tracks and make a few excuses.  For example, when we go out to eat, we usually go pretty early (you know, with all of the older folk, like around 5, maybe 5:30).  It's just easier with Lainey.  But I didn't plan on us arriving at the restaurant until after 6:30 so it took a little stalling on my part.  I let him dilly dally around the house when he got off of work, he went for a run and took his time showering and getting out the door.  Also, when we got there, he immediately recognized one of his former roommate's cars in the parking lot, not just by the appearance of the car, but he even knew the license plate.  I quickly tried to explain why he might have been there and he seemed to buy it...  When we walked in and once he saw our friends he said, "Oh you DID throw me a surprise party!" Ha!
The funniest part of the night was when the waiters brought out his surprise birthday dessert, clapped loudly and sang some song in Spanish and proceeded to smash whipped cream all over his face and put a sombrero on his head.  We were all laughing pretty hard but Lainey...
Totally lost her marbles.  She's a sweet, sensitive soul, that girl.  She didn't like that they were teasing her Daddy!  Or she was scared by the sombrero.  I'm not sure.

After dinner, a few joined us at our house for cake and ice cream!

 
Today was his ACTUAL 30th birthday!  Lainey and I got up early (okay, Lainey always gets up early) to do a little decorating, get his present ready and make our favorite guy french toast and bacon.  Lainey even helped her Dad open his presents!
 
Here's the birthday boy and his favorite little lady before we headed off to church this morning!
This afternoon, Jed's parents came to visit (they're in Iowa visiting their other granddaughter too) and we went out for a birthday lunch at Old Chicago!  Lainey enjoyed her little Clifford cup and also spilled a whole container of cheerios and puffs on the ground.  Way to go Lainer.
We met up with our Mission to the City group this evening and enjoyed a pizza party at the park AND one more birthday celebration complete with cake!

Happy 30th birthday to JED! I'm so thankful to be married to such a wonderful man who loves the Lord, loves his family and loves others so faithfully. 


No comments:

Post a Comment