Wednesday, September 28, 2011

First Road Trip!

Last weekend we ventured north for the first time as a family of 3. Thanks to our good friend Kelli, we only had to worry about figuring out how to travel with a baby, not a baby and a dog since she stayed at our house for the weekend with Simon. [THANK YOU KELLI!]

I really failed at taking very many pictures but I did get a few...
Smiles for Grandma on Saturday morning
I feel like if she could talk (like a baby gangster), she'd be saying "Yeah, you know... I'm just chillin here with my homie...me and my Gramps..."

The whole point of traveling to Minnesota this weekend was really for the Carey Golf Invitational. My family is crazy (about golfing) and my parents got both Jed and I new golf clubs last year for Christmas. I haven't put mine to much use but Jed has become quite a golfer! He sunk a 30some-foot putt on the final hole and said he golfed the best he's ever done! While everyone was golfing, Lainey and I hung out with my Aunt Barb who couldn't golf because of a back injury. We had a great time! After 18 holes, we all gathered at my aunt and uncle's house for some yummy food. Lainey obviously missed her Dad...
And her Grandma...
She got to meet the whole Carey clan....
Overall, I'd call the weekend a smashing success. Lainey did really well in the car and only had a very brief 15 minute meltdown on the way there. Otherwise, she was a champ. It's a lot different traveling with a newborn baby though -- lots of stops to feed her, change her, etc. so it took a bit longer than normal, but it was definitely manageable. And I think Lainey LOVED the busy-ness of the weekend. I think she was really glad to be home on Sunday night but I felt like she kind of looked at me on Monday like, "Mom, you're kind of boring. Where are all of those other fun people?" :) I guess we'll have to make the trip again soon...!

No comments:

Post a Comment