Sunday, March 20, 2011

Never say never... but....

No, this post isn't about Justin Bieber or his movie... sorry... :)

I know you should never say never... but I'd truly like to say that I will never again paint kitchen cabinets. (At one point today I said I never wanted to paint anything ever again but I doubt that will hold true.) We bought the house knowing we wanted to make a lot of updates and here we are, almost a year later, and the kitchen and kitchen cabinets are finally painted! It was quite a transformation and we are really excited about it. I am usually nervous about colors - I can't pick them out and I can't commit to anything bright or anything not neutral but this is quite the color and I really like it! I will say it will be awhile before we tackle big paint jobs again - I am SO exhausted! The kitchen was really tedious just because there were 3 windows and 3 different door frames, not to mention my new nemesis... WOOD PANELING. Ugh.

Anyway, here are some before and afters!
Before ... (excuse the mess :)
Another before - testing out some colors
My hard working partner in crime!
More of a distraction than a help... but still cute.
After!!!


Ahhh... so tired! That was really a lot of work! I'm enjoying a well deserved, small bowl of ice cream and laying on the couch as I write this. I think I can hear my bed calling my name!

No comments:

Post a Comment