Thursday, July 14, 2011

FULL TERM!

Wow! I can hardly believe that I am 37 weeks along! Sometimes it seems like we've been anticipating this babe forever and sometimes it seems like it's snuck up on me. I'm really thankful for the way that the Lord has worked out every detail of this season of life. It gives me great comfort to know that this has all been a part of HIS plan and purpose for our lives. Proverbs 19:21 says: Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails. I'm confident that God has a great purpose in all of this for Jed and I and for this little person and their future. In Psalm 139, David writes

16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

17 How precious to me are your thoughts, God!
How vast is the sum of them!

18 Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand—
when I awake, I am still with you.

I love knowing that this little lady or lad is even more precious to God than he or she is to us! He knows if it's a boy or a girl, He knows what their name is and whether or not they will have dark curly hair like their parents. He knows their temperament, their smile, their eye color, where they will go to college and everything else!

I was reading through John the past few weeks and I came across this verse that was encouraging to me from chapter 16: When a woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because her hour has come, but when she has delivered the baby, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world. I was talking about it with a good friend of mine today who is also expecting a baby in August and she pointed out the excitement that this verse gave her because in the ESV translation it talks about bringing a human being into the world. Other translations use the word "baby" or "child" but the idea of bringing a human being into the world really made it seem much more real. In the NIV instead of "sorrow" it just plainly says "pain" - so I'm promised both pain but then JOY because of this new life. I'm honestly excited for both. I'm looking forward to labor being a memory and something that is over with because then I will know what it's like instead of it being scary and unknown and obviously I'm looking forward to the joy of meeting our baby finally!

Here we are at 37 weeks...

!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You look so great Sarah! I can't wait until you have your babe! I am really excited to have you as a mommy friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, you are the cutest pregnant woman! You haven't grown an inch anywhere other than your belly!

    ReplyDelete