Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Great Outdoors! (+random...)

We were blessed with a beautiful March day today. The temps climbed to 70 degrees. Lainey and I enjoyed some time outside on a blanket in the backyard with Simon. We even got to catch up with one of our neighbors who has a daughter 8 days older than Lainey! It's so wonderful how the nice weather brings people out again...

She was so distracted by the dog and the beauty of the landscape that it was hard to get a really good picture...

She watches Simon all of the time inside the house but it was really cute to watch her track his speedy self all over the yard. I was throwing the tennis ball to him and her head would just turn back and forth, back and forth...
I had to hold the tennis ball and a rattle in one hand to get their attention and take this picture with the other. They are going to be great friends.
(Side note: I love love LOVE her chubby little arms in short sleeves...ah!)


And onto other news...

Lainey is doing a great job eating solid foods. The rice cereal only lasted a week since it caused some uhh... digestive problems. The nurse told me a few remedies and then said I could switch to oatmeal or just start on some real foods. We did do oatmeal a few days but then I started going wild with my Baby Bullet. So far, Lainey has enjoyed sweet potatoes, bananas and peas. I think peas are her favorite. She has NOT enjoyed avocados. She gave me some seriously dirty looks when I tried to feed them to her just now. She has also enjoyed some banana puff snacks which she really likes. JUST NOW she grabbed one by herself and fed it to herself! She's one talented (and hungry) little lady! When she's eating, she's quenching her thirst with some delicious h20 and doing great with a soft sippy cup!

It's so hard to believe she's going to be 7 months old next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment